Apprentice Trainee Supervisor
Farmfoods are a family business with ambition. We pride ourselves on offering our customers great value, quality products from clean and tidy shops with the friendliest team in retail.
We aim to offer sensational value to customers on a great range of everyday family-oriented goods. We back up our sensational value with a focus on delivering an ‘old fashioned’, genuine and friendly customer experience.
Our retail apprentices are very important. They each serve hundreds of customers each week and have the reputation of Farmfoods in their hands. To our customers, they are Farmfoods.
We are looking to recruit an Apprentice Trainee Supervisor for our shop in Coventry. We offer a permanent full-time position working a variety of shifts, 5 days from 7 each week.
As one of our apprentices you will:
- Make all of our customers feel welcome with a friendly smile and simple hello.
- Help customers find the items they are looking for.
- Give a fast and friendly service at the tills, always offering help to pack and leaving a good impression with a friendly thank you and goodbye.
- Handle stock with care whilst working deliveries, quickly placing products into our freezers and onto our shelves ready for our customers to buy.
- Work with the rest of your team to complete the daily and weekly routines that keep our shops clean and tidy.
- Open and close the shop, handle cash, place orders and support your manager in leading the team to run an efficient shop and provide great service to our customers.
You will need:
- A friendly, positive, hardworking approach to work.
- To enjoy being busy as there is always something to do. As a junior member of management you’ll jump from putting out deliveries to serving on the till, helping customers on the shop floor, to organising other team members and more!
- To be reliable as you will be an important part of a small team. Your colleagues and customers will depend upon you to do your best on each shift and not let the team down.
- A bit of flexibility when it comes to your shifts. When other members of your team are off enjoying their holidays, we may need you to work slightly different hours to cover for them. Rota’s are planned three weeks in advance and your commitments outside of work will be taken into consideration when planning your shifts.
- Ensure that all work set by our apprenticeship provider is completed on time and to the best of your ability.
As an apprentice you will be included on a Level 3 Retail Team Leader apprenticeship with Babcock Training. This will involve one to one training with a Regional Trainer who will meet with you on a regular basis.
Whilst on the apprenticeship you will be entitled to an NUS card https://www.apprenticeextra.co.uk/
Work well as an individual and as part of a team
• Monday to Friday = 8am - 8pm
• Saturday = 8am - 8pm
• Sunday = 10am to 4pm
• Earliest shift start = 7am
• Latest shift finish = 8.30pm
• Stocktake finish time = 10pm
This vacancy is closed to applications.