Apprentice Care Assistant
Anchor are the largest not for profit provider of Care for the over 55's in the UK. We are offering a fantastic opportunity to join our team as an Apprentice Care Assistant.
If you have a caring nature, a natural interest in people and want to make a difference then this could be just the perfect opportunity for you!
Anchor are offering a fantastic opportunity to join their team as an Apprentice Care Assistant. If you have a caring nature, a natural interest in people and want to make a difference then this might be just the job for you!
As an apprentice you will learn to;
- Enable customers to lead as active and independent lives as possible by providing holistic and personal care.
- Promote choice to clients in their daily living by providing care, which meets care quality commissions (CQC) fundamental standards and support happy living for the years ahead.
- Comply with CQC fundamental standards and Anchors policies and procedures at all times.
- Prioritise tasks as appropriate.
- Escalate concerns/issues as appropriate.
- Record accurate and legible documentation.
- Deliver a care plan.
- Identify and report signs of poor practice or abuse.
- Identify and ensure health and safety standards are met.
Within the first 12 weeks of your induction period you will;
- Gain the ability to read, understand and contribute to care plans.
- Learn about Health and safety in the workplace.
- Complete all Statutory and Mandatory Training.
- Care Certificate 15 standards.
- You will gain a nationally recognised Level 2 Adult Care Worker qualification.
- You will receive onsite training with an award winning training provider who will support and guide you throughout your Apprenticeship journey.
- Gain life skills.
- Gain confidence.
Please be aware that the wage shown below reflects the hourly wage for the first 6 months and will increase to £5.25 after 6 months and £8.91 after 12 months until the end of your apprenticeship contract. As part of your apprenticeship, Anchor will support you in getting to work by offering a travel allowance of up to £500 per year. This will be claimed back each week/month using an expenses claim which would be completed by you and the Home Manager.
£136.80 0-6 months, £157.5.00 7-12 months, £267.30 12+ months
£4.56 0-6 months, £5.25 7-12 months, £8.91 12+ months
Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship.
Apprenticeship standards are aimed at developing skills within the Apprentices’ chosen career route, each standards has set knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful within the job role. This will include the completion of functional skills in Maths and English.
Once the apprentice has completed a minimum of 12 months training and the employer and Babcock regional trainer confirm they have met all the requirements of the standard they will be put through to end point assessment. The end point assessment is independent from the training and includes a variety of assessment methods which test the skills and knowledge of the apprentice to ensure they are fully competent in their role. Each Apprentice will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a structured programme of teaching, e-learning, face to face training and workplace mentoring; this will encourage and help them to meet the requirements of the new standards and will prepare them for the end of point assessment.