Durrant House Hotel are a busy all season 125 bedroom hotel located in Northam, Bideford. We have bookings from both private and coach guests.
We offer conference, banqueting and meeting facilities. We also hold dance weekends and private functions.
We have the Olive Tree Restaurant and Appledore Bar. Food is served in the hotel from 12.00 noon until 21:30pm.
We also have a Spa offering beauty treatments to both residents and non-residents of the hotel.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Apprentice Housekeeper to join our friendly team at Durrant House Hotel.
This role includes working with the house keeping team to present all areas of the hotel to the highest standards. Maintaining hotel bedrooms & public area, ensuring bathrooms & facilities are presented to the required standard of cleanliness & hygiene.
The duties of the role will include but are not restricted to:
- clean corridors, lobbies, stairways, elevators, and lounges as well as guest rooms
- organise work schedule from the room status list, arrivals, and departures
- distribute linen, towels, and room supplies using wheeled carts or by hand
- restock room supplies such as drinking glasses, soaps, shampoos, writing supplies, mini bar
- replace dirty linens with clean items
- inspect and turn mattresses regularly
- store all dirty laundry in line with company policy
- monitor guest laundry bags
- replace laundry bags and slips
- check all appliances in rooms are in working order
- realign furniture and amenities according to prescribed layout
- respond to guest queries and requests
- respond to calls for housekeeping problems such as spills, broken glasses
- deliver any requested housekeeping items to guest rooms
- remove room service items
- organise and restock cart at the end of the shift
- ensure confidentiality and security of guest rooms
- follow all company safety and security procedures
- report any maintenance issues or safety hazards
- observe and report damage of hotel property
•Must be motivated to work alone in areas once training has been given
•Good communication skills and confidence to actively engage with hotel guests & colleagues
•Provide excellent customer service
•You will need an outgoing personality and plenty of common sense
•Reliable and punctual
Level 2 - Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship standards are aimed at developing skills within the Apprentices chosen career route, each standard has set knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful within the job role. This will include the completion of functional skills in Maths and English. Once the apprentice has completed a minimum of 12 months training and the employer and Babcock regional trainer confirm they have met all the requirements of the standard they will be put through to end point assessment. The end point assessment is independent from the training and includes a variety of assessment methods which test the skills and knowledge of the apprentice to ensure they are fully competent in their role. Each Apprentice will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a structured programme of teaching, e-learning, face to face training and workplace mentoring; this will encourage and help them to meet the requirements of the new standards and will prepare them for the end of point assessment.