Apprentice Housekeeping Assistant
If you have an interest in cleaning and possess good time management and organisational skills then this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
As an apprentice your duties will include;
- Being responsible for the location being clean, pleasant and safe for customers to live in.
- Providing an effective and efficient laundry service, delivering a high level of customer care and encourage customer independence and choice to support happy living for the years ahead.
- Washing, drying and ironing customers clothes and linen, maintaining an organised washing system.
- Ensuring cleaning products are used effectively and instructions are followed.
- Managing workload ensuring washing is not mixed up.
- Ensuring health and safety procedures are followed at all times.
- Carrying out equipment checks and report concerns regarding equipment to line manager.
- Carrying out minor repairs and labelling of clothing as requested by customers.
- Assisting in marketing the location by ensuring vacant rooms/properties are prepared for prospective/new customers.
- You will gain a nationally recognised Level 2 Hospitality Team Member qualification specialising in Housekeeping.
- You will receive onsite training with an award winning training provider who will support and guide you throughout your Apprenticeship journey.
- Gain life skills.
- Gain confidence.
Please be aware that the wage shown below reflects the hourly wage for the first 6 months and will increase to £5.76 after 6 months and £9.50 after 12 months until the end of your apprenticeship contract. As part of your apprenticeship, Anchor will support you in getting to work by offering a travel allowance of up to £500 per year. This will be claimed back each week/month using an expenses claim which would be completed by you and the Home Manager.
As an Apprentice you will be included on a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member - Housekeeping.
Apprenticeship standards are aimed at developing skills within the Apprentices’ chosen career route, each standard has set knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful within the job role. This will include the completion of functional skills in Maths and English.
Once you have completed a minimum of 12/18 (delete as needed) months training and the employer and Babcock’s Regional trainer confirm you have met all the requirements of the standard you will be put through to the End Point Assessment. The End Point Assessment is independent from the training and includes a variety of assessment methods which test the skills and knowledge of apprentices to ensure you are fully competent in your role.
As an Apprentice you will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a structured programme of teaching, e-learning, face to face training and workplace mentoring; this will encourage and help you to meet the requirements of the new standards and will prepare you for the End Point Assessment.